The Weather is heating up and
the Tick ARE Hungry!
Hunter and I went out for a walk yesterday, it was only about 40°F but the snow had been melted on the paths since our last venture. I ended up with a few ticks crawling up my pant legs! So they are out and looking to feed!
DURING WALKS AND HIKES ALWAYS CHECK YOURSELF FOR TICKS, MULTIPLE TIMES!!!
- Use a chemical repellent with DEET, permethrin or picaridin.
- Wear light-colored protective clothing.
- Tuck pant legs into socks.
- Avoid tick-infested areas.
- Check yourself, your children, and your pets daily for ticks and
- Carefully remove any ticks if any are attached, check out the Tick Ease
Natural Tick Repellent Recipe from Dr. Douwes at Klinik St. Georg is 3 juiced lemons 🍋 and 1 bulb of garlic puréed and some purified water 💦 He drinks an ounce everyday that he has pre-made in his refrigerator for good health. His other tip was to put coconut oil on any exposed skin areas as ticks don’t like coconut oil. Enjoy the outdoors and nature as it has so many positive benefits!
Other Essential Oils To Naturally Repel Fleas & Ticks
(blend w/ water and witch hazel)